Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Shattered Assassin Bonuses (SPOILERS AHEAD!)
1) King William is based on Blair's grandpa, who I absolutely adore. I didn't realize until I was half-way through the story.
2) Nakomi is based on my German Shepherd, Sadie. Sadie was with me when I was 6-8 months pregnant and living alone. She went with me to Texas, then back to Utah, then to Alaska, then back to Utah. She was my best friend and constant companion. She was hit by a truck in front of my parents' house and I couldn't save her.
3) This story was based on a dream I had. I liked that she was tiny and deadly.
4) Shattered Assassin was the 2nd book I ever wrote, after Feudlings. My critique partners told me it was so awful I should throw it away. So I did. But I loved Nakomi too much so I dug it back out and re-wrote it.
5) Benjamin and Crystali are my niece and nephew
6) It isn't directly mentioned, but Kazia has lupus. I re-wrote this as I was being diagnosed with lupus. It helped me to feel more in control of this terrifying disease.
7) I stole the name Kazia from a girl at work. I had just met her. Luke is one of my favorites, and Nakomi and the baby wolf I got by Googling ancient wolf names.