Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Love Flourishes with Lynn Spangler



Can he show her the world like she’d never seen it before? Melinda ‘Mindy’ Caldwell had everything she could want. Nice house, high-end clothes. The only thing she doesn’t have is a life…outside her house that is. An incident when she was four left her an agoraphobic-a prisoner within the sanctuary of her home. Besides her sister, she finds companionship in the form of handsome delivery man Jack Eberley. Jack Eberley’s woman of his dreams won’t even leave her house. That does little to tamper his feelings toward her. He finds himself wanting to deliver more packages to her house and help her breakdown the walls she’s built around herself. One night will change each of their lives. Will they find love in the first blooms of spring or will they let their love slip away?

 “You have a...” he paused for a moment as if searching for the right word, “liking for the man.” "No. Yes. Maybe,” she replied reluctantly. “Which is it?” His gentle tone did little to ease the churning in her stomach. If she wasn’t careful, she’d give herself an ulcer. Mindy curled a leg underneath her on the buttery soft leather loveseat, tucked long strands of hair behind her ears, and then nervously wrung her fingers together. No sense in hiding what was so obvious. Dr. Stamko’s face reflected infinite patience. He wouldn’t rush Mindy and would give her time to think the question through. “Yes,” she finally stated. Once the word left her mouth, a torrent followed. “I don’t know what to do. He’s so vibrant, so full of life. Jack deserves a woman who is equally spirited as himself. What am I?” She forged on, not giving Dr. Stamko time to answer. “I’ll tell you what I am. I’m broken.” Her hands lifted into the air and dropped again. “I’m defeated.” “No, you aren’t. One can’t be defeated before they’ve even tried. This gentleman might be what you need to draw you out. You need to give him the chance.” “What could I offer?” Pain etched her voice, making it break slightly. Tears burned and stung the back of her eyes. She fought valiantly against the torrent threatening to unleash itself. “Why are you fighting it?” His still gentle tone broke the dam. The first streams of wetness fell from her eyes. With hands covering her face, she shook with body racking sobs. After what seemed like an eternity later, she wiped the last of the tears away and raised her head. Dr. Stamko was smiling. “Feel better?” he asked. “I’m... I’m not sure. I just had a near nervous breakdown and you’re smiling.” “You didn’t break, Melinda. You merely chipped. You see your tears as a form of weakness?” “Why yes. Don’t you?” "No. Trapped emotions eat away at you. They can make you physically ill. Everybody has a different way of releasing those pent up feelings. Some can go through their whole life without shedding an emotional tear. Others find tears are their only course of action. You’re good at holding in the tenseness and stress. But you aren’t totally immune. Honestly, do you feel better?” The question gave Mindy pause. Never would she have guessed bawling her eyes out would leave her feeling cleansed, renewed, and invigorated. She smiled because she indeed did feel better. “I do. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m no closer to solving my dilemma but I feel lighter.” “Good. Now we need to figure out what you intend to do about Jack.” Dr. Stamko sat back in the wing chair and crossed one leg over the other.

 Author Bio:
 I live in South Central Pennsylvania with my wonderful, loving husband and my beautiful daughter. I also have a son who is currently serving in the U.S. Navy. I have a cat named Kolzig and a dog named Cede who allow us to live with them. I love to write and read. I also make jewelry when the mood strikes. I'm a huge sports fan. I love football, NASCAR, and hockey. I'm also a bit of a game show freak. I love old game shows from the 70's and 80's like Match Game and $25,000 Pyramid. Television shows like Criminal Minds and The Voice are also favorites of mine. Buy Links: Astraea Press Amazon Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment