Monday, April 8, 2013

A-Z Blog Challenge: E Day!



There are a ton of E words in writing. Who knew? I was going to write about ending, because it's kinda important, but then I decided to use efficiency because the way I write? Most inefficient (unefficient?) way EVER.

So I don't format when I write. I don't split it into paragraphs or chapters. I don't do the whole blah blah," said Wendy. I do this: "blah blah." Said Wendy. And then I have to go back and CHANGE THEM ALL. It's a huge pain in the neck, and probably triples the amount of time it takes me to write a novel.

So WHY do I do this? Because that's the way my strange little mind works. If I try to format and remember grammar rules and correct spelling and things like that, it kills the creative side of my brain. It doesn't work for me and I can't write like that...which in reality, would be even more inefficient (unefficient? HELP?) than the way I'm writing now!

What do you think? Can efficient and creative co-exist peacefully?

No comments:

Post a Comment