Friday, January 25, 2013

My Liebster Award

First I gotta thank Michaele Stoughton for presenting me with my Liebster Award!


What is this award I speak of? It means I've been tagged in a blog hop. The Liebster award can only go to other blogs that have less than 200 followers. Now I have to answer Michaele's 11 questions, tag some friends, and ask them 11 questions of my own. Simple, right? Haha, maybe. We shall see.

So! Michaele's questions :)

1. What inspired you to start writing?
 I've been writing stories since I could write. I've always lived sorta in a fantasy world. Sometimes this world demands to be written down. 

2. What are your all-time favorite books?
   Harry Potter :) Also The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
3. What would be the best thing about being published?
  Getting to share my stories -- my alternate realities, with others and have them be like, "OH! I love this alternate reality!"
4. What is your greatest achievement in life so far, and why?
  Raising my kids. I didn't want kids growing up. I didn't like them. But now I have three and they are absolutely the best thing I could ever have created, and ever will create. They literally give my life meaning. Ohoh, and the fact that I have yet to burn the house down. That is also a great achievement.
5. Tell me about an embarrassing moment.
  Hmmm. There are so many to choose from. The latest was when I went spray-tanning. I have lupus, so I can't go out in the sun. I got tired of being pasty and went to get a spray-tan. I didn't realize it was hand-done (The only time I'd seen it done was on Friends, and it was a machine!) So she tells me to drop my robe and I had to stand there NAKED while this woman sprayed me. I thought I would die. I had nightmares for MONTHS. I'll take my pasty self, thank you.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
  Anywhere in the world. Hmm. I think I would live everywhere. The root of my name means wanderer, and it can't be more fitting. I get extremely restless staying in one place. I want to explore the world - not just on vacation, but to actually live different cultures and conquer fears and all that. 

7. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
  Signed a contract with Astraea Press to publish my first novel. Before that, it was skydiving!
8. Who would you be most excited to meet in person?
  Toby Keith. I have been his biggest fan since I was, like, 12. I think if I ever did meet him, I would die on the spot. But what a way to go.

9. Fur, feathers, or scales. Pick one and tell me why.
  Fur. I'm terrified of chickens and pretty much all birds make me uncomfortable. I'm okay with scales, but fur is friendlier.
10. What are your biggest pet peeves?
  #1 Pet Peeve is people who don't mind their own children. I absolutely go nuts when I'm at a playground or a family gathering and a kid is terrorizing mine and his or her parents are no where to be found, or worse, watching their little hellion with pride. Grrrrr.

11. What are your hopes for 2013?
 I hope Feudlings does well. I hope I'll get to hold my book in my hands. I also have three others that are just about ready to start submitting, so my fingers and toes are crossed for them, too!

And...tag - you're it!

Lauren Ritz

Mikey Brooks

Rebecca Lamoreaux

Michelle Garcia

Amber Gilchrist

Amy Cavenaugh 

NOW. My questions for the lovelies I've tagged. Bwahahhahah
1. Writing. Why do you do it?

2. What's your biggest fear? (Mine is spiders. In case you were wondering.)

3. Where do you see yourself in five years?

4. What is your biggest obstacle standing in the way of your dreams?

5. If you could write anything - without worrying about the market saturation or whether it was your genre, what would you write?

6. Favorite hobby, besides writing. Go.

7. What is the craziest thing you've ever done?

8. Nature vs. Nurture - what's your opinion?

9. Do you believe people can change?

10. Where would you like to visit more than anywhere else? Why?

11. Name one thing you are determined to accomplish this year. And do it!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats! I love the answer you gave for where you would want to live. I have wanderlust myself, and my dream is just like that; to live everywhere. I don't want to plant roots down yet, I'm flying on the wind. Or actually, in my car, because I'm afraid of heights. But still!

    I hope your book does well, too. I'm going to get a copy next payday, as both a supporting a local writer ( ;) ) and reading something new and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I am also very afraid of heights! We must have wandering-linked souls ;)

      Delete